Thursday, July 11, 2019

Pipeworks Brewing Pistachio Jones Dog Milk Stout

Brewed with Cacao nibs, lactose, vanilla beans and natural pistachio flavor

8.5% ABV
Beer Advocate score - 4.25/5
Untappd score 4.06/5

16A. Sweet Stout

A very dark, sweet, full-bodied, slightly roasty ale that can suggest coffee-and-cream, or sweetened espresso.

Shipment from Tavour - Hails from Chicago, Illinois

I love pistachios. I also love ice cream. If you put them together, that's a no brainer! Then cacao nibs and vanilla beans are added? It's heaven... I must be in heaven. On to the review!

Aroma: A sweet biscuit aroma with layers of chocolate, vanilla and a nutty undertone. Instant salivating occurred.  9

Appearance: It's a very dark beer a thick latté head. As the head dissipates, it leaves decent lacing behind. 8

Flavor: A dessert for sure! Chocolate creaminess. Tastes like a malt chocolate ball with a pinch of pistachios added in. It's a sweet beer but not cloyingly so.  9.2

Mouthfeel: Heavy, creamy but smooth. The carbonation is the right level.  8

Overall: I had a feeling this was going to be delicious as soon as I saw Tavour offering it. Yet another brew I am bummed I did not grab two. I erroneously decided to drink this guy right before dinner. Yeah, I couldn't eat dinner for an hour afterwards. It's definitely a dessert beer so plan your drinking and eating times appropriately. 8.5

Matt's mark: 4.27/5

No comments:

Post a Comment