Sunday, April 19, 2020

Ancestry Brewing's Glori Haze Imperial Hazy IPA

7.8% ABV 63 IBU
Beer Advocate score - N/A
Untappd score 3.83/5

21A. American IPA

A decidedly hoppy and bitter, moderately strong American pale ale, showcasing modern American or New World hop varietihe balance is hopforward, with a clean fermentation profile, dryish finish, and clean, supporting malt allowing a creative range of hop character to shine through.

Found at Market of Choice (Willamette St) - Hails from Tualatin, OR

I was taking my time through the beer section and this little guy caught my eye. I now know why you want to avoid driving red cars...they do cause more eyes to drift their way. But with beer cans, you don't have to worry about the coppers...unless you have an open container while driving. That is a whole other issue entirely and one I can't help you with. On to the review!

Appearance: It has a thin layer of white foam sitting on top an apple ciderish looking brew. The only way to distinguish it from cider are the tiny white chunks. I will never get used to the "look" of a hazy. 7.3

Aroma: Nice dankness to the citrus hop aroma. I detect guava and tangerine mostly. Tropical fruits galore for sure. 8

Flavor: Intense citrus hop flavor up front but not overly bitter. Not a real malty IPA but enough to be well balance with the citrus and bitter of the hops. A highly quaff-able brew.  8.1

Mouthfeel: It has a nice mid medium mouthfeel that is really smooth. Good carbonation level as well. 7.8

Overall: I really enjoyed the Glori Haze. So much so, I later returned to Market of Choice and purchased another. It's probably the best version of a hazy that I have had outside Anchorage Brewing's hazy IPA's. Stellar job by Ancestry Brewing. 7.8

Matt's mark: 3.9/5

No comments:

Post a Comment