Sunday, December 22, 2019

Worthy Brewing's Cosmic Portal Cocoa Porter

brewed with cocoa nibs

25 IBU 5.4% ABV
Beer Advocate - 3.88 (one review)
Untappd - 4.03/5

20A. American Porter

A substantial, malty dark beer with a complex and flavorful dark malt character.

Purchased at Safeway - Hails from Bend, Oregon.

It's been a minute since I did my last review. Life events and holiday cheer kept getting in the way (or just delaying the review, I kept drinking the beers of course). I was delighted I didn't have to go very far for this one. It's not very often I can find a beer I haven't had by walking through a Safeway...yet here we are! On to the review!

Appearance: It's a nice dark brown with just the slightest touch of red. Fingers width of a tan head which dissipates slowly. Nice lacing.  7.8

Aroma: As one would expect from a cocoa porter, it has a nice strong chocolate aroma with sweet nutty roasty fragrance to back it up.   7.9

Flavor: A nice biscuity bitterness that flows directly into a dark chocolate note. It finishes off with notes of toffee on the back end. Nicely balanced.   8

Mouthfeel: Medium bodied which is perfect for a porter. The carbonation level could be a little lower.   7

Overall: I've come to expect anything from Worthy Brewing not to disappoint. The Cosmic Portal held up its end of the bargain. While I have certainly had higher scoring brews, this is a solid drink to have in hand when entertaining company or watching a football game...or anytime really. Now, if they had a barrel aged version of this I would be waiting in line for it.  7.67

Matt's mark: 3.84/5

No comments:

Post a Comment